Perdido 03

Perdido 03

Monday, September 21, 2015

StudentsFirstNY Attempts to Mobilize Parents In 100 "Failing" NYC Schools

Lisa Colangelo in the Daily News:

A group of education advocates spent the first days of classes trying to mobilize parents at the city's 100 worst-performing schools, saying Mayor de Blasio's recently unveiled agenda is not enough.

Community organizers from StudentsFirstNY said they mapped out and then visited each of 100 sites where few or no students passed vital statewide tests.

"The students in these schools deserve action now and frankly, the mayor's recently announced programs are just not enough," said Tenicka Boyd, director of organizing for StudentsFirstNY. "They do nothing to improve the quality of teachers in the classrooms and nothing to give families access to better school choices."

You see, the plan doesn't fire teachers and close schools, so it's no good.

This is why StudentsFirstNY will no doubt be one of the backers of Governor Cuomo's efforts to knock de Blasio off in a primary and elect a pro-charter, anti-union alternative. 

Some of the names bandied about as potential opponents include Hakeem Jeffries and Scott Stringer.

There will be a concerted effort in 2017 to put somebody into City Hall who brings back the First Teachers/Close Schools program Bloomberg pursued.

7 comments:

  1. This students first organization is literally the devil and the poison of our society. These people are preying on innocent people, many of whom do not speak english, trying to use propaganda as a weapon of destruction to NYC schools and parents. What we really need to know here is that this slime ball organization is backed by non other than creepy mikey bloomberg. Bloomberg funds this organization and has these people working day and night to fill bloombergs orgasm of trying to dismantle public education and the UFT in NYC. Bloombergs stench has emanated throughout our lives and this height challenged former mayor of NYC - I really mean midget - PC people use the former I don't

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to mention, but it seems as if Mulgrew and his crew are contributing to the UFT's own demise by going along with Cuomo.

      Delete
    2. The Fredrichs case will definitely end Mulgrews reign of error. What a tool!

      Delete
    3. HOW I GET A LEGIT LOAN @ 2% INTEREST RATE
      My name is N Shows. I am a mum of three little kids. When i could not face my Debt any more, my son was on hospital bed for surgery that involve huge money and i also needed some money to refinance and get a good home then i have to seeks for Assistance from friends and when there was no hope any more i decide to go online to seek a loan and i find MARIAH AUSTIN Loan company (mariahaustin@hotmail.com) with 2% interest Rate and applied immediately with my details as directed. Within seven Days of my application She wired my loan amount with No hidden charges and i could take care of my son medical bills, Renew my rent bill and pay off my debt. I will advice every loan seeker to contact MARIAH AUSTIN Company with mariahaustin@hotmail.com For easy and safe transaction.

      *Full Name:_________

      *Address:_________

      *Tell:_________

      *loan amount:_________

      *Loan duration:_________

      *Country:_________

      *Purpose of loan:_________

      *Monthly Income:__________

      *Occupation__________

      *Next of kins :_________

      *Email :_________

      Contact her company Via Email: mariahaustin@hotmail.com

      Delete
  2. I would love it when we can finally get some dirt on this organization called students first. Basically what you have here are phony politicians or as Donald Trump says "stupid people" running the show and boy oh boy are they stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuomo is a drowning man. UFT talking to him just gets his stench on us. Not a good move. Let him flail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW I GET A LEGIT LOAN @ 2% INTEREST RATE
    My name is N Shows. I am a mum of three little kids. When i could not face my Debt any more, my son was on hospital bed for surgery that involve huge money and i also needed some money to refinance and get a good home then i have to seeks for Assistance from friends and when there was no hope any more i decide to go online to seek a loan and i find MARIAH AUSTIN Loan company (mariahaustin@hotmail.com) with 2% interest Rate and applied immediately with my details as directed. Within seven Days of my application She wired my loan amount with No hidden charges and i could take care of my son medical bills, Renew my rent bill and pay off my debt. I will advice every loan seeker to contact MARIAH AUSTIN Company with mariahaustin@hotmail.com For easy and safe transaction.

    *Full Name:_________

    *Address:_________

    *Tell:_________

    *loan amount:_________

    *Loan duration:_________

    *Country:_________

    *Purpose of loan:_________

    *Monthly Income:__________

    *Occupation__________

    *Next of kins :_________

    *Email :_________

    Contact her company Via Email: mariahaustin@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete